|Trig Station at Unyang Peak|
- Bukit Unyang is located Northeast of Kanching Waterfalls, in Hutan Rizab Kanching.
- Trailhead towards Bukit Unyang is located after Level 7 of Kanching Falls.
- Some old tape markers left by earlier explorers exists along the trail.
- We did most of our bushwhacking works independently of the markers but somehow we stumbled upon them from section to section.
- The last section at the false peak before crossing the saddle over to the Unyang peak is the toughest.
- At the false peak, we could see Bukit Bunga Buah, Bukit Boyan and Bukit Tunggul.
- All of the three primary obstacles are there - bamboo, thorny palm trees and thick ferns.
- The overall distance from trailhead to the peak is about 2.5 km. Time to hike is about 3 hours.
- The altitude according to RSO map is 730 metres.
- After the last river crossing post level 7, there are no more stream crossing.
- Leeches are present along the way until before the false peak.
- Good to know - the waterfall/river that flows down is Sungai Chul Tinggi.
|Bukit Unyang track|